Friday, August 31, 2012

Guest Hosting Bake Fest #11


A   look at my place and you know I love baking.
Though I cook out of necessity I bake as I love baking, the challenge it represents!  

Since I do not follow instructions, even with the blessed recipe lying in front of me, I manage to skip steps. If I try and memorise the recipe, I cannot. I lay out all the ingredients in front of me in the order it is needed but manage to forget something important!! So baking a challenge as tall as the Mount Everest for me.

My earliest recollections about baking are beating sugar and “benni”, unsalted homemade butter in a big bowl with a ladle. The edges of the ladle hurt for I used to beat continuously for 15-20 minutes. Then the charge of beating it went to my sister who did it for another 15-20 minutes... hard muscle work but the thought of the cake kept us going and try and beat longer and better that the other.

Then in Enid Blyton we, sister and I, read about licking the bowl clean... J  ! You guessed right we started eating the batter raw after it was transferred to the mould, on the sly! Because Amma would have had our hide for licking bowls and ladles! J

After all this you may be surprised that I have never guest hosted a bake event. 

Well that is to change now for  the ever popular Bake Fest is to be guest hosted by me this September!

Do check out the rules and send me many entries.


1. Send in any recipe which has been baked / broiled.
2. Only vegetarian or vegan recipes please. I normally accept eggs in baking and hence eggs are allowed.
3. Usage of the logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word.
4. Link toVardhini's Bake Fest announcement and this page is mandatory. If sending an old entry, it needs to be re-published with the links.
5. You can send in any number of new entries and a maximum of 2 old entries.





All rights reserved on photographs and written content are copy-written @The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen!! unless mentioned. Please Ask First
  Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Happy hosting and thanks for hosting Archana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep.. some baking happening this month will definitely participate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Archana,

    i am also like you...like tweaking recipes...but now i have learned some proportions myself so that the end product turns out good and the recipe is experimental....

    i like that you have revealed the licking the batter part...i used to do that as kids and now my kids wait until the batter is transferred to mould so that they get the remains...

    the event is to my like...sure to participate...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi archana

    I submitted my entry bread pudding on ur event and please check on my blog http://tangymind.blogspot.com/2012/09/raisins-bread-pudding.html awaiting to hear comments dear.Please post your entries on my event

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Archana,

    Linked my entry to this event :)
    http://prashainkitchen.blogspot.com/2012/07/eggless-mango-pound-cake.html

    Enjoy and Happy Hosting !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Archana,

    I've sent you my entry.

    Happy hosting!

    Marija@http://palachinkablog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Archana,

    Happy Hosting, I have linked my Almond Biscotti for this event. And I am not able to see the Linked entries, is there any problem with it?

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Hosting...Linked my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linked my recent entry http://tangymind.blogspot.com/2012/09/peach-crisp.html on your event dear.Visit my blog and awaiting to hear your comments dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arch, thanks for you as always sweet comments :) I have quite a few things to link to both these events - will do it before the weekend...xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    A savoury muffin for your even:
    http://kpks.blogspot.in/2012/09/stretching-far.html

    thanks,
    kpks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Hosting and Gud Luck! I am taking Part Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    linked my second entry, orange loaf cake!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    New to blog Happy Hosting..!!
    Am hosting an event..
    U are Invited !!

    Do send your entries..
    Ongoing Event- Romantic Candle Light Dinner Event @—-

    http://hyderabadicuisinerecipes-angel.blogspot.com/2012/09/announcing-event-romantic-candle-light.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linked mine!
    http://www.followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi.. Thanks for hosting. I'm new to blogging. Please visit my blog http://yashodhaskitchen.blogspot.com/
    I had posted my recipe in your Bake fest.. But I dono how to use your logo.. But I have published your bake fest event in my post

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Archana I am linking my masala bread recipe to this event.. wish i could have made something more but this month has been a bit dif in terms of blogging :))
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hai,
    i have submitted my Golden yellow cake.Waiting for ur reply.

    http://babiscooking.blogspot.in/2012/09/golden-yellow-cake-eggless.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hai,
    i have submitted my Golden yellow cake.Waiting for ur reply.

    http://babiscooking.blogspot.in/2012/09/golden-yellow-cake-eggless.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Could you please add this link to the collection. I posted this yesterday, but forgot to link.

    http://cooksjoy.com/blog/2012/09/baked-macaroni-and-cheese-mac-and-cheese.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Completely agree...I would rather try climbing mount Everest than bake!!! Lol great event. Wool try to link in if I manage to get something decent out of my oven :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment...You can contact me @themadscientistskitchen@gmail.com
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright