A look at my place and you know I love baking.
Though I cook out of necessity I bake as I love baking, the challenge it represents!
Since I do not follow instructions, even with the blessed recipe lying in front of me, I manage to skip steps. If I try and memorise the recipe, I cannot. I lay out all the ingredients in front of me in the order it is needed but manage to forget something important!! So baking a challenge as tall as the Mount Everest for me.
My earliest recollections about baking are beating sugar and “benni”, unsalted homemade butter in a big bowl with a ladle. The edges of the ladle hurt for I used to beat continuously for 15-20 minutes. Then the charge of beating it went to my sister who did it for another 15-20 minutes... hard muscle work but the thought of the cake kept us going and try and beat longer and better that the other.
Then in Enid Blyton we, sister and I, read about licking the bowl clean... J ! You guessed right we started eating the batter raw after it was transferred to the mould, on the sly! Because Amma would have had our hide for licking bowls and ladles! J
After all this you may be surprised that I have never guest hosted a bake event.
Well that is to change now for the ever popular Bake Fest is to be guest hosted by me this September!
Do check out the rules and send me many entries.
1. Send in any recipe which has been baked / broiled.
2. Only vegetarian or vegan recipes please. I normally accept eggs in baking and hence eggs are allowed.
3. Usage of the logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word.
4. Link toVardhini's Bake Fest announcement and this page is mandatory. If sending an old entry, it needs to be re-published with the links.
5. You can send in any number of new entries and a maximum of 2 old entries.
All rights reserved on photographs and written content are copy-written @The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen!! unless mentioned. Please Ask First