Food Food and Food is what makes the world move. From times immemorial animals and man have fought just for food.
Do you know that Street food was once a necessity for the urban poor?
What is Street food? According to Wikipedia,” Street food is ready-to-eat food or drink sold in a street or other public place, such as a market or fair, by a hawker or vendor, often from a portable stall. While some street foods are regional, many are not, having spread beyond their region of origin. Most street foods are also classed as both finger food and fast food, and are cheaper on average than restaurant meals. According to a 2007 study from the Food and Agriculture Organization, 2.5 billion people eat street food every day.
Today, people may purchase street food for a number of reasons including "ethnic taste, nostalgia, and the opportunity to eat quickly obtained, reasonably priced and flavorful food in a sociable setting." Historically, in places such as ancient Rome, street food was purchased because urban poor did not have kitchens in their homes.” Want to learn more check here.
After increasing hearing about I ate Tawa pulav or Pav Bhaji today to Shorma, momos I was worried about the hygiene and wanted to recreate at least a few at home. So when Pari, yes Pari of the Only series had this slot for Street Food Of The World I jumped, grabbed the opportunity.
So come January’13 I will be hosting the 'Only' event Street Foods of the World! There is also a giveaway that you are entitled to.
So let us get down straight to the rules.
· Please leave your entries in the linky tool below. There are two linky tools, for India and for other countries.
· The winner for giveaway will be chosen from the Indian entries (followers) only and by a random method. People living in other countries who want to participate in the giveaway and can provide an address in India, should also post their entries under heading 'Indian, only.
· Rules for the giveaway also includes that he/she has to be a follower of Foodelicious blog publicly and like Foodelicious facebook fan page.
· Before you post your entries in the linky tool, please make sure that in you have linked your post to this page and Pari's Page and used the logo as that helps spreading word.
· Only Vegetarian entries will be accepted (eggs are allowed).
· One can post any number of fresh entries and up to two entries from the archives provided that the entry is re-posted in the correct format.
· If rules are not followed, I will have no alternative but to remove the entry.
· In case you are not able to use the linky tool, send the entry to email@example.com
· Non-bloggers can also participate, simply mail me your recipe along with a picture and I will post it on your behalf.
The linky will open on 1st Jan at 00:00hrs Indian time.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!