I cannot resist the packets of agar agar gracing the shelves in the super market. After a long debate I have with myself end up in my shopping bag.
Now you may wonder what magical pull does this weed have on me. Basically after making the eggless quiche I know it can be used as a filling in savoury bases too.
Now at home I keep postponing making something out of them so they grace my kitchen shelf for some time.
The other day I finally bit the bullet and made this beautiful pudding. Something my younger daughter appreciated so much that she had to be reminded that it needs to be shared with others.
You can try it out here is the recipe I have basically followed the Egg-less Crème Burlee I made which is copied from Trala Dalal.
· 10 grms agar agar
· 1 ½ cups water
· 3 cups milk
· 2-3 tblsp corn flour
· 2/3 cups of sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla essence
· 150 grms dark chocolate
· 200 ml cream
· Mix the corn flour and ½ cup milk to a smooth paste.
· Tear the agar agar in small pieces and add it to the water. Let it soak.
· Add the sugar in the milk along with the chocolate pieces.
· Heat on low flame till the chocolate melts.
· Add the corn flour mixture and keep stirring till the milk thickens a bit. Remove from heat.
· Now heat the agar agar and water till the agar agar melts, take care to stir constantly and on low flame.
· Now add this to the custard add the cream as well and return to the low flame and keep stirring till the custard starts bubbling at the sides.
· If the custard coats the back of a spoon it is done else continue heating.
· Transfer to a container.
· Cool and then transfer to the fridge.
· Serve chilled.
Linking this to
Food Corner for Agar Agar Recipe Contest
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like myFacebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!