Thursday, 25 September 2014

Guasacaca - Venezuelan Avocado Salsa

Guasacaca - Venezuelan Avocado Salsa

In Venezuela the cuisine you will find influences especially from Italy, Spain and France. If that is not enough you will find indigenous as well as African influence.
Being a large and diverse country, each region in Venezuela has its own distinctive regional cooking.

On the coast enjoy fish, shellfish, crayfish, and fish soups as well as fish stews.  Coconut is also part of some dishes. In the Andean region the food is quite different. Here the "arepa" is not made of cornmeal but wheat. Cured meats and sausages are a delicacy and are sold in many villages.

 In the Amazon region besides yucca, corn, beans and bananas you can also enjoy turtles, tapirs, monkeys birds and deep fried ants. Squeamish you could also live on Casabe, bread made out of yucca.

When in the market, for my weekly Sunday marketing I started looking at avocados hubby was all too happy! He was expecting a shake. When I came home I immediately started attending to it (normally it’s lying around, he gets irritated and attends to it) was he thrilled!!!

Then he saw me mixing it up for a salad he just walked away….poor man!!!

At lunch (he came late) he had heard me admonishing the girls “keep some for Papa” he got curious and Apeksha served him a miniscule portion just to harass him, “taste it Papa. You may not like it” was what she told him!!

He came back not just for seconds but for fourths also. The entire bowl was over in one sitting. But the best part was FIL too liked it!!

There are some substitutions here; I replaced seeded jalapeno peppers with chillies and hot pepper sauce with chilli sauce, white wine vinegar with red wine vinegar.

Guasacaca - Venezuelan Avocado Salsa

Guasacaca - Venezuelan Avocado Salsa
Recipe Source:Food.com
Yield: 6 cups
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups onions, finely chopped 
  • ¾ cup red capsicum, finely chopped  
  • 3 tblspn green chillies, finely chopped
  • 3 tblspn extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 tblspn red wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp US mustard
  • ¾ tsp salt
  • ¼   tsp black pepper, fresh ground
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1 ½ cups avocado, chopped and peeled 
  • 1 ½ cups tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 tblspn dhania/ coriander leaves, chopped 
  • ¼ tsp red chilli sauce

Method:
  • Mix the onions, red capsicum, green chillies, olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic in a large bowl.
  • Toss mixture gently.
  • Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
  • Stir in avocado and tomatoes and red chilli sauce just before serving.

 
Guasacaca - Venezuelan Avocado Salsa

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44

Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. similar to guacamole..looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and lovely looking salsa. Wonderfully prepared.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy.....very similar to guacamole

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg so tempting salsa with avocado :) looks very very tempting , I want to finish them with tortilla chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the addition of capsicum here, delicious and inviting salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avocados make a wonderful salad..wish I could get it easily. .the salsa looks lovely and your hubby proved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salsa looks delicious. Similar to guacamole with lot more ingredients in this salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the flavors of all these ingredients. Avocado and tomato gives the salsa such a lovely color! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salsa looks amazing Archana, I am sure this will surely make us do a salsa..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these salsified version of guacamole :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very colourful salsa. I always think avacados are bland but this is what makes it perfect to merge with all the ingredients..

    ReplyDelete
  12. luscious textured salsa..if only I like avocados ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salsa looks so bright and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words mean a lot to me. Please do comment as it encourages me to do better.
Please do not leave any links in your comments I will be forced to delete your comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright