I love the Karachi Bakery biscuits!!
I have wanted to try making them for ages.
The only thought was the girls … as usual , sigh!
They do not like sweets and trutti fruity. In fact cakes with trutti fruity are promptly given away. So I did not have much hope for these cookies. I lined a tin to take these to work and got down to work.
Karachi Bakery biscuits were made and cooling when they had their first visitor…
The taste was appreciated and I was asked to finish clicking fast if I wanted pictures of them.
Needless to say I am being asked to;” Fire my Oven this April” to make them again.
Karachi Bakery Biscuits
Recipe Source: Soniaz Delights
- 115 grms/ ½ cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 100 grms/ ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 grms/ ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 30 grms/ ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup tutti fruity
- 2 tbsp chopped Cashew nuts
- Sift the baking powder and maida. Mix the wheat flour well. I generally use the whisk to do this.
- In a large bowl using hand mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl as required.
- Add salt and flour and mix it well until the dough starts to come together.
- Add tutti-fruity and cashew nuts and form a soft dough.
- Transfer to a cling film and shape the dough into a log.
- Cover and transfer to the refrigerator it for at least a couple. I kept my log overnight.
- When ready to bake preheat your oven to 160°C/ 325°F.
- Grease 2 baking tins.
- With the help of a serrated knife, cut the log into 1/2 inch wide slices. Shape the cookies with your hands if it breaks.
- Transfer the cookie slices onto the baking tray leaving few inches gap between each other and bake for about 10-12 minutes until the cookies turn brown from sides. Cool completely on a wire rack.
|Karachi Bakery Biscuits|
Come back tomorrow to see what we bake …Day 6
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!