I mentioned when I shared the Mocha Coffee Cake with Espresso Glaze my friend’s daughter, Saavani, loved the cake and wanted me to bake a cake for her. I decided to “#FireUpYourOven" to make the same cake.
Disaster struck in the form of “NO COFFEE”!
Being Dhulivandan or Rang Panchmi the day we play colours, all the shops were closed. That is when I decided to make a Marble cake.
A slight change in the ingredients and method gave me such a delicious and soft rich marble cake quite unlike the once I have eaten in the past.
Made me wonder why on earth I used to think that making a Marble Cake is beyond my capabilities.
This last month has been a wonderful journey with my friends, who like me have been preparing for this beautiful Mega Marathon that we have had. With a heavy heart I bid adieu to this series only to be back with more delicious bakes that I will make from my friends blogs. For if I thought I will shrink the size of my bookmark list I am mistaken its grown by leaps and bounds!
- 2 cups Maida/APF
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12 tblspn butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 tblspn cocoa dissolved in 1 ½ tblspn hot water
- Grease an 8 inch pan.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F/180°C.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and soda, salt.
- Combine butter and sugar at medium speed till pale and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream and beat well.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add the flour alternating with milk the last addition should be flour.
- Divide the flour in 2 parts.
- In one add cocoa mixture and mix well.
- The third will remain as vanilla.
- In the pan add vanilla batter the add chocolate next and with a knife mix the batter.
- Bang the pan on the counter 3-4 times to settle the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the cake come out clean.
- Transfer the mould to a wire rack for 10 minutes then unmould and cool.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!