He does show his presence many a times and then like the Dr. Jekyll I have no control over myself!
I had bookmarked these savoury oat meal cookies.
But before poor me could go about making them the way it was laid out in the recipe Mr. Hyde overrode all commonsense out of my mind!
So “#FireUpYourOven" to make these unusual cookies. They were not crunchy but soft!
Samo Rice Savoury Cookies/ Varya Tikhat Biscuit
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup samo rice (varya che tandul)
- ¼ cup rava, dry roasted
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- ¼ cup sour curds, beaten (mine was watery)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ cooking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sage dried
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Water as needed
- In a medium sided bowl add the beaten curd add ¼ tsp cooking soda. It will froth stir and add all the flours.Mix well.
- Add all the other ingredients except water. Mix well. My dough was wet but once I pressed it formed a lump.
- In case yours does not add a tsp of water. Mix and set aside in the refrigerator, say ½ an hour.
- Meanwhile grease a mould and preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Make balls and place them on the mould. Keep a little space between the cookies.
- Bake till light golden in colour about 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Had mine with green tea.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!