|Aehobakjeon (Korean Zucchini Pancakes) with Sesame Dipping Sauce|
Zucchini !The moment I say the word my family runs in the other direction.
Don’t ask me why,must be one of my experiments has put them off. ☺
When I said that I am making pancakes the girls were enthusiastic. In fact even yesterday they kept asking me when I am making pancakes. The trouble is they had holidays and they kept friend hopping so I made them without them around. Much to their irritation. Maybe next Saturday I will make them for their evening snack.
Where did I get the recipe? From Mir's place, my friend with whom am paired for BM pairs.
Meanwhile hubby and I enjoyed these pancakes. Even the maid was very happy with the flavour and kept asking me how I made the dosa.
The substitute here is chilli powder in place of gochugaru and the rice wine vinegar I used wine vinegar .
Aehobakjeon (Korean Zucchini Pancakes)
Recipe Source: The Schizo Chef
Yield: 14 pancakes
Yield: 14 pancakes
- 2 zucchinis,grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tblspn ginger,grated
- 2 cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 3/4 -1 tsp gochugaru (Korean red chile powder), according to taste
|Sesame Dipping Sauce|
Sesame Dipping Sauce
- 2 tblspns soy sauce
- 2 tblspns rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tblspn toasted sesame seeds
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add salt, ginger, gochugara, flour and water. Beat to make a smooth batter.
- Add zucchini’s and mix to combine.
- Lightly oil a skillet. Place 1/3 cup of batter in the skillet for each pancake.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
What else do we have?
Well come back tomorrow to see that…
Meanwhile today you can check my other friends
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 53
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!